The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that represents the interests of the Iranian American community before policymakers and the American public at large. PAAIA has created a name for itself as the credible voice of the Iranian American community and works to maintain that status by expanding opportunities for the active participation of Iranian Americans in the democratic process at all levels of government and in public debate, educating the American public and lawmakers about the Iranian American community, providing opportunities for advancement for our next generation, and fostering a greater understanding between the people of Iran and the United States. The PAAIA team is composed of changemakers who want to make a real impact on policy and public opinion.
PAAIA is currently hiring a Public Relations & Communications Coordinator. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you would be a good fit for our team. Position will remain posted until it is filled.
Public Relations & Communications Coordinator
PAAIA, a nonpartisan, nonprofit representing the Iranian American community, is seeking to hire a Public Relations and Communications Coordinator to support the organization’s collaborative team and various programs and aide in growing the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in writing, media, digital strategy, and donor and member acquisition.
PAAIA is looking for an independent thinker and problem solver with a passion for the Iranian American community. We want someone who is responsible, detail-oriented, happy to learn new things, and works well in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in journalism, communications, public relations, political science, or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in public relations or communications
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to leverage current issues to advance the organization’s interests and positions
- Possess a strong eye for detail
- Experience pitching content to reporters and comfortable developing ongoing relationships with media persons
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor/member relationships and to forge new ones
- Must be a reliable and resourceful strategic-thinker
- Fundraising experience is a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs necessary research and crafts long-term strategic vehicles for promoting PAAIA’s messages and stories, including but not limited to writing letters to the editor, reports, op-eds, press releases, fact sheets, media advisories, and talking points.
- Cultivate relationships with key media outlets and reporters and serve as primary PAAIA point of contact for those reporters
- Write and edit online articles for PAAIA’s newsletter
- Manage media and marketing lists, manage membership list
- Develop outreach lists, draft marketing messages, manage invitation lists, and assist with logistics for PAAIA events including briefings on Capitol Hill, our Civic Engagement Forums, and our Member Retreats
- Plan, lead, and execute membership and donor acquisition and retention strategies
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA) does not have any internship opportunities available at this time.