When: Sunday, January 29, 2012
Venue: UC San Diego’s Mandeville Auditorium
MC: Maz Jobrani
Speakers (who have been confirmed):
- Firoozeh Dumas: Author of Funny in Farsi and Laughing Without an Accent and the first Iranian to be nominated for the Thurber Prize for American Humor
- Kamran Elahian: A veteran entrepreneur with over 29 years of experience, an international philanthropist,co founder of 10 companies and presently the Chairman and Co-Founder of Global Catalyst Partners, an international multistage technology-oriented venture capital firm.
- Tara Kamangar: A “world-class” pianist and composer who excels at blending the best of Western and Persian compositions. Tara is an honors graduate of Harvard University and London’s Royal Academy of Music.
- Dr. Shahram Daneshmand: A practicing obstetrician and the founder of the non-profit organization, “Miracle Babies,” for which he was named “Hero Nominee” by CNN.
- Hamid Biglari: Vice-Chairman of Citicorp, the main operating arm of Citigroup, a $60 billion revenue business with operations in over 100 countries. In that capacity, he has responsibility for driving strategy, allocating resources and general business coordination across Citicorp’s main global business divisions and regions.