PAAIA is pleased to announce its Civic Engagement Initiative, a new program committed to encouraging Iranian Americans to get involved as concerned members of their communities – nationally and locally. PAAIA’s ultimate goal is to increase the number of Iranian Americans contributing to and promoting the quality of life in their communities, through both political and non-political processes.
Objectives of this initiative include:
- host an annual Civic Engagement Forum, including 2-4 regional events per year;
- organize a network of elected officials, Iranian Americans that work in politics or public service, are civically engaged, or have a demonstrated interest in pursuing such a career path;
- inspire and empower Iranian Americans to run for or be appointed to public office;
- encourage Iranian Americans to actively engage and volunteer in their local communities;
- boost Iranian American participation in elections (local, state, and national); and
- build a database of Iranian Americans interested in running for office and connect them with mentors, training programs, and support.
In doing so, we will have a range of civically engaged Iranian Americans as panelists and speakers, including Founder and President of Women’s Learning Partnership Mahnaz Afkhami, Florida State House Representative Anna Eskamani, Georgia State Senator Zahra Karinshak, Councilwoman Shireen Ghorbani, and many more. Stay tuned as we add more speakers, panelists, and programming to the schedule.
If you would like to learn more about PAAIA’s new initiative or become a sponsor, please check out the Civic Engagement Forum’s website.
We look forward to seeing you there!