Mariam Khosravani is the Executive Director of the Coastline Community College Foundation in Orange County, California. She is in charge of the College Foundation, its assets and raising funds to assist and support over 18,000 students.
Mariam has been active in the field of philanthropy as a consultant, speaker, and trainer for the last ten years. She is passionate about humanitarian aid and has assisted in the expansion of several non-profit organizations in Southern California. She has raised millions of dollars in funds for various local, national and international organizations.
One of the many charities which Mariam is passionate about is The Africa Project. As the President of the organization’s Board, Mariam helps raise awareness about the plight of AIDS orphans and children in Africa and provides them with food, clothing, school fees, medical care and other basic necessities. Through The Africa Project, she also helps fund initiatives that create an enduring improvement in the community.
Additionally, she is a prominent leader of the Persian community in California and has served as an ambassador for the community-at-large in developing and enhancing the Persian image and presence with key business and political figures in the area.
Some of her most recent community involvements include:
- Community Services Commissioner, City of Irvine 2002-2010
- Board of Advisory, KOCE-TV, Orange County’s PBS station 2009-present
- President, The Africa Project 2006-present
- Board of Director, Network of California college Foundations 2009-present
- Chair, Investment Council, United Way Orange County 2004-2006
- Board of Trustee, Iranian American Scholarship Fund 2004-2006
- Board of Director, Association of Fundraising Professionals 2003-2005