By PAAIA Staff
January 20, 2011, Washington, D.C. – The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA) is pleased to announce the results of the election of its Board of Directors by the organization’s members. In these elections, from a list of 22 highly-qualified and dedicated candidates from across the country, our members elected the following 18 persons to represent them in leading PAAIA, overseeing its affairs and directing its policies.
- Pouria Abbassi – General Manager and CEO of the “World-Class” Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC)
- Mina Amir-Mokri – Partner, Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon LLP
- Sharon Baradaran – President, Y&S Nazarian Family Foundation and Adjunct Professor, UCLA Department of Political Science
- Mary Bavafa – Education Consultant, Former Community Relations Specialist Marymount College
- Hamid Biglari – Vice-Chairman, Citicorp|Citigroup
- Ali Ebrahimi – Chairman and CEO, Ersa Grae
- Nazie Eftekhari – Founder, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of HealthEZ, Inc.
- Majid Fateh – Founder and Medical Director of the New York Fertility Institute
- Tamilla Ghodsi – Managing Director, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Yousef Javadi – CEO, President and Co-Founder of LiveTimeNet Inc.,
- Mariam Khosravani – Executive Director, Coastline Community College Foundation
- Akbar A. Lari – President, Claremont Group
- Mohsen Moazami – Corporate Vice-President of the Internet Business Solutions Group, Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ali Mojdehi – Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Firouz Naderi – Associate Director of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Francis Najafi – Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Pivotal Group
- Sanam Quraishi – Founder and CEO of SVQF, Member of the Clinton Global Initiative
- Nariman Teymourian – Chairman and CEO, Gale Technologies, Inc.
For biographies of the newly elected members of the Board of Directors of PAAIA, please click here.