Source: U.S. Census Bureau Representative
The count will continue until July 2010 when it will end. Those who have not responded, still have a chance to fill out a form and mail it back. Forms may be obtained at your local post office, if you have not received one at home.
- April 1 is considered the Census Day, NOT the end of Census…..and NOT the end of counting the populations. U.S. Census hopes that individuals would respond by this date that is why they call it a Census Day.
- By April 12, individuals who did not respond OR responded late, will get another form in the mail.
- Individuals are encouraged to respond by April 16.
- From April 17 – April 20, those homes that did not respond will be identified within all regional offices.
- On May 1, the Census Representatives will begin visiting homes that did not respond. This operation is called “Non-Response Follow Up” or NRFU.
- Each home will receive 3 to 5 visits from a Census Representative .
- Census Representatives will leave a packet at your door, including a phone number to call and schedule an appointment with him/her.
- The NRFU operation will end by mid July 2010.