The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA) seeks a program manager to work with the Executive Director, Director of Government Affairs and Policy, and other staff towards implementing the organization’s goals. Applicants should have a bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans, PAAIA, Inc., is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nonreligious 501(c)(4) organization that serves the interests of Iranian Americans and represents the community before U.S. policymakers and the American public at large. We work to foster greater understanding between the people of Iran and the United States, expand opportunities for the active participation of Iranian Americans in the democratic process at all levels of government and in the public debate, and provide opportunities for advancement for our next generation. You can find more information about PAAIA at www.paaia.org.
The program manager will help run smaller programs and provide general staff assistance in a variety of areas. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Developing and implementing plans for programs under the direction of the Executive Director
- Assisting with writing, editing and finalizing reports
- Managing the donor data base
- Planning of conferences and meetings (including retreats, board meetings, seminars, and other events)
- Supporting program development activities
- Supporting Emerging Leaders activities
- Routine administrative tasks such as filing, answering phones, mail support
- Assisting with social media presence and website
- Assisting with basic financial management
- Developing annual reports and fundraising material
- Have at least 2 – 3 years’ work experience in an office or similar setting / position
- Have experience managing small projects and multi-tasking
- Have experience managing meetings and events
- Be proficient with Microsoft office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Have strong English writing skills and able to apply rules of composition and grammar correctly.
- Be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Have some knowledge of Iran and the Iranian American community.
Candidates must be skilled at listening, speaking, reading, managing time, writing, learning, identifying problems, and perceiving business and social situations. They also must be able to set and adjust priorities among competing tasks during the work day under the guidance of the Executive Director.
Candidates must have a professional demeanor toward colleagues and individuals contacting the office; they must be able to pay close attention to detail and keep errors to a minimum; and they must be punctual, reliable, responsible, composed, honest, and ethical.
Knowledge of Farsi and interest / experience in public policy is desirable.
PAAIA Work Conditions:
PAAIA is an equal opportunity employer. Submit a cover letter, writing sample and resume by U.S. mail or email email@example.com with the subject line: Program Manager Vacancy
The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA DC) offers fall, spring, and summer semester internship opportunities to graduate, college and university students to work in our Washington, D.C. office. The best-suited individuals will be students of political science, public policy, history, economics and journalism. Excellent written and oral communication skills and computer fluency (mainly MS Office and Windows OS applications) are necessary. Persian fluency is not required but considered an advantage in selection of the successful applicant(s).
Interns work on various projects and assignments. Duties include but are not limited to research on public policy programs and related activities, assisting with planning of events, program implementation, logistical support for staff activities, and other administrative tasks. PAAIA accepts interns throughout the year and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, writing samples and references to Collin@paaia.org or call us at (202)-828-8371.